Conference Exchanges in Germania e UK
Due nuove opportunità per scoprire come funziona la Medicina Generale al di fuori del nostro Paese!
I colleghi tedeschi ci invitano a Dusseldorf dal 18 al 23 settembre, mentre i colleghi inglesi a Liverpool dal 8 al 15 ottobre.
Per candidarsi è necessario:
– Essere Soci in regola per l’anno 2017 (prima di inviare la candidatura)
– Inviare Curriculum + Motivational letter (entrambi in inglese) a email@example.com entro e non oltre l’8 giugno 2017 specificando nell’oggetto a quale conference exchange ci si sta candidando
Di seguito trovate ulteriori dettagli sui due exchanges:
**German Preconference Exchange September 2017 in Düsseldorf**
Dear Vasco da Gamiens,
we are very happy to announce the 2nd German Preconference Exchange from 18th to 23th September 2017 in Düsseldorf Germany. We offer 7 placements.
The pre-conference exchange includes:
- Hospitation in a German primary care practice from 18th-19th September in Düsseldorf and sourrounding villages/cities.
- An international half-day workshop at the congress location on 20th September in Düsseldorf. Participants of the exchange will report their experiences, present their health care system and learn some more details about German primary care. All together, we will explore differences and similarities of primary health care systems in Europe.
- In the afternoon/evening of the 20th September in Düsseldorf there will be some social program (sightseeing etc.). We plan to organise a city tour and a come-together with other German trainees.
- The 21th September participants will attend the annual meeting of the German Young Primary Care Doctors Movement (JADE) in the morning.
- From 21th September (afternoon) to 23th September will be invited to our 51th national congress of the German College for General Practitioners and Family Medecine (DEGAM). All participants in the preconference exchange do have a free ticket to attend the conference
Please note, that accommodation and travel expenses have to be payed by the participants. As for accommodation, we will organise either an accommodation with the host or a shared flat or hostel room during the exchange or congress time in Düsseldorf and sourrounding cities, respectively. Pleas not, that payment of the accommodation is to be made by the participants.
The preconference exchange includes attending both – the host practice hospitation and the Conference. We expect our participants to actively participate at the workshop and provide a short presentation about their home primary care system ( about 10 to 15 minutes) for their international collegues.
Please note, that the patient communication during the stay in the host practices is in German and the DEGAM Conference’s language is in German, only key note lectures are in English. So, that moderate to advanced German language skills would be helpful to attend the exchange and the conference. Due to our capacities we could currently not provide any translator, but we will provide buddies which will answer you any questions you have during the conference!
We ask interested exchange volunteers to apply until 8th June to their national coordinators. Placement confirmation will be given one week later. Please include your CV also stating your language abilities in your application. We are looking forward to welcome you in Germany !!!
**UK Preconference Exchange October 2017 in Liverpool**
We have five places on this fantastic exchange opportunity!
Applicants need to be a GP trainee or junior GP (within 5 years of training completion)
A successful place will fund one conference ticket (worth over £300), one gala dinner ticket and one young doctor’s dinner ticket.
Provisional plan 8th-15th October 2017
· Arrive Liverpool Sunday- welcome meeting and touristic event
· Monday and Tuesday- Exposure to UK General Practice (and social meetings each night)
· Wednesday RCGP Preconference
· Thursday Poster presentations (exact date TBC), RCGP main conference, young doctor’s dinner
· Friday Main conference and gala dinner
· Saturday Main conference in the morning, social activity in the afternoon
· Sunday (or Saturday night) depart
Part of the application form includes an abstract. This will be used to rank (mark) your application. If you are successful, the abstract will be the basis of a poster which you would present at the conference. It can be a project, audit, case study etc but must be summarised using the standard format of title/ background/methods/ results and conclusion. Total not to exceed 250 words.
Here are last year’s titles for inspiration: